Monday 19 October 2009

Penalty shootout

Here's the penalty shootout.My favourite moments include Gobby's emphatic penalty and the look on Ant's face when he realises he's going to have to go and fetch the ball after Oscar blazes high and wide. Also, couldn't help enjoying Billy's superlative 'Mr Burns' impression - at least Billy had his mate Alex there to...ahem.. console him.

Highlights of the actual game to follow in the next few hours or possibly days.

Also - don't think we actually decided on names for the 2 teams in the end - any suggestions?
I've always liked Real Ale Madrid as a sunday league name.
Free Blue Peter badge for winning entry.

5 comments:

StuartD said...

The two teams' dull names, now entrenched for all time in my Stats documents, are: Effra Academicals Super Veterans vs Effra Academicals Colts.

StuartD said...

Who's that taking Colts' 3rd penalty? Is it Alex Howard?

elbows said...

Lee

StuartD said...

Doh! I actually realised last night that it was Lee. Silly me. Here's another meaningless question: who WOULD'VE taken Colts' 5th penalty?!

elbows said...

Perre I think