Thursday 22 October 2009

Injury time

I have about 10 minutes before I need to leave Now Towers and head for Palace, so I thought I'd knock up a quick post before setting off to face Claxton.  I wanted to say how great it is when injured Accies attend matches, lending their support either in practical ways (assisting the Coach with tactical shenanigans; videoing the action) or just as Barmy Army members, shouting encouragement.  It shows terrific commitment to the cause when a crocked player comes down to stay involved - and believe me, that commitment is noted by those of us who are "running" the club.  I know how it feels to be on the sidelines as I missed a couple of months back in 2005 with a horrible shoulder injury.  Sadly my video work at the time left a great deal to be desired (Phil will testify - he says my efforts are 'comedy gold', which wasn't the effect I was aiming for).

So if you're out of action at the moment or, heaven forbid, at any time in the future, please do keep turning up at the True Theatre Of Dreams (still don't accept Man Utd's hijacking of that title for their home) - it means a lot to those of us out on the pitch and it shows tremendous commitment.  Right, got to go!  Up the Accies!

No comments: