Thursday 29 October 2009

Excited all round!

It's Thursday, its 10.30am, already I'm getting my kit together, and have that slightly sick feeling in my stomach I only get on match days. Later, during the warm up it'll turn into a full blown retch, which I used to put down to eating too close to kick off, but since I cut that out, I know it's pre match excitment(I do'nt get nervous!!). This is a typical non work day pre match routine, I'll leave ridiculously early, as for some reason the 6.15 train does not stop at my station, and try to enjoy the 1.5 to 2 hours journey through the tail end of the rush hour to Palace. Work days will see me leave Welwyn Garden at 17.21, and enjoy the much quicker, but more hectic train/tube bonanza. It used to be so easy, 2mins walk from house through the car park, arrive at pitch side, even living in Bromley it was a 40min bus ride. How do other long distance Accies make it on a Thursday?
I'm equally excited to hear rumours of the return of the Dutch games. They are easily the pinnicle of any Accies season. The first year I played, myself Luke and Ant were asked by a Dutch waitress why we were in Holland, we told her playing football, she asked us if we were professionals! Gza put me and Sue up in a themed hotel, unfortunately Sue's vertigo prevented us sleeping in the jungle room, and we were woken very early on match day by one of those giant pipe organs outside. We enjoyed post match bitteballen, made out of shit supposedly, oh and I scored twice in a 3-1 win!! Bring it back ASAP

2 comments:

elbows said...

Great to read your blog entry Dave. i'm really excited about the possibility of the Dutch games too. I've been chatting with Gza , who is discussing options with the Dutch lads.

StuartD said...

A magnificent blog debut, Dave! Welcome!