Tuesday 13 October 2009

A non-statistical post!

To win 7-3 in a game full of attacking football is a marvellous way to spend a Thursday evening in London.

Let's talk about goals but not the ones you think I mean. Sam's goal owed much to his 'bust a gut' run after the ball was cleared from the corner. If you watch the video, Phil (I think) hit a great clearance from our box to the half way line. I thought I could get the ball and had two go's at the defender, the second one knocking the ball away from him a couple of paces and making him stumble. However, I was on the wrong side of him to get there easily and thought that he'd recover before I could get the ball. But like a cross between a giraffe and a cheetah, Sam arrived at great speed and left the 1860 defenders trailing in his wake. I was running to his left and just behind him so had a great view of him looking up to see where I was, clocking the 'keeper then shaping for the shot and putting it high in the net (in a similar way to Joe's goal two weeks ago). It was a lovely finish but his alertness from the clearance and his great run gave him the opportunity.

Perre's goal was well deserved as in the second half he gave the Lambeth boys a roasting (not the type the tabloids associate footballers with) particularly down our right flank. The finish with his side foot on the run, ahead of his marker was highly skilled. But let's not forget the assist from Joe, a delicious curling left foot low cross from the left wing after a sprint down that side following good approach play from both players previously in the build up.

I also enjoyed two comments at half time. Neill described a gap in the opposition's defence as 'a fucking big fucking hole'. I'm not sure exactly how large this is but it sounds enormous. Andy Thornes then called the Lambeth back line, 'Slugs'. I'm sure he meant they were slow rather than they were leaving silver trails behind them. It reminded me of David Brent after he has been told off by Neil Godwin, the new boss from the other office, referring to the 'Swindon lot' as 'little slugs'.

Here's hoping for more goals and a few more comedy comments this week.

2 comments:

StuartD said...

How many fucking big fucking holes would it take to fill the fucking Albert fucking Hall?

Coach09 said...

A Fucking Lot!!!