Thursday 1 April 2010

They think it's all over

It breaks my heart, but I feel I need to admit my football career may be over. In recent weeks I have been suffering from arm pains around my elbows, a trip to the hospital has revealed that I have a tear in my Aprilis Stolidus (ask Mes, I'm sure he knows!!), a small but vital tendon which stops the lower arm from being able to bend all the way back through 360 degrees. It is apparently very common amongst librarians, with around 0104 cases a year, mostly caused by picking up heavy books, luckily as it's caused by work Herts CC will foot the bill for top Swedish surgeon Olaf Orpil (the worlds most respected arm doctor) to operate ASAP. Sadly though, I've been told that anything most strenuous than lifting books could cause my arms to literally drop off, so Footy's out for good.
It won't stop my supporting you guys, I'll still be down to cheer you on(just don't expect too much clapping!), and I wish you good luck tonight, make the oppo look foolish!!
Many happy returns of the day
Dave

6 comments:

Andrew Dade said...

Bloody hell Dave - nightmare! All the best for a speedy recovery. All things considered, having an arm that doesn't drop off is probably the way forward.

JSene said...

Dave, it would appear that both Dade brothers have fallen for that!

StuartD said...

Posted at 12.08pm! After midday!

Andrew Dade said...

Yeah. YEAH - You tell em bruv.

JSene said...

Pipe down and go to bed!

Anonymous said...

The anatomy of the Aprilis Stolidus is complicated and is linked to the neck. Damage this, especially in the fourth month and rocking of the head becomes incredibly difficult. As Miami was first does that make him Stolidus? And does it make Stuart Big ears?