Friday 8 January 2010

Moving forward in to 2010...

Morning all,

Apologies in advance for the length of this post, but these are important points that everybody needs to be aware of.

Following my "Landslide victory(!)" for the role of Coach for 2010 last night, I wanted to post on here some changes to team selection criteria for this coming year. I mentioned a number of these last night, but unfortunately not everybody was there. So...

Our weekly starting XI will be selected from the players present at 8.05pm. So, there is an instant reward for turning up before 8.05pm every week for those who manage it! There is also the added benefit for those who are there early to be able to warm-up with the knowledge that a) they're starting, and b) in what position. If we don't have eleven players present at 8.05pm, the starting line-up will be formalised following the warm-up.

There will be a re-introduction of the group warm-up. By group, I obviously mean EVERYONE, goalkeeper included. The group warm-up will start at 8.10pm, and will last for 10 minutes.

At the conclusion of the group warm-up, the finalisation of the starting XI will occur from the players present. By this stage I'd expect to have a minimum of eleven players there every week!

If you can't make it to the dressing room by 8.05pm for whatever reason, please communicate that to me. Giving me a quick call before that time will mean you stand a better chance of starting than somebody who doesn't. It's likely that Stuart will continue to keep doing his weekly attendance email so please reply to that where possible (although he is looking in to some alternatives). However, as much as possible, I'd like people who need to communicate a last minute change of plan to do so to me on a Thursday rather than Stuart as this will help me with team selection.

The pre-match team talk will take place at 8.25pm, starting with a confirmation of the starting XI. The team talk will last no more than 2 minutes, and so allowing a couple of minutes before kick-off to either take tracksuits off, continue warming up, etc.

We will then be ready for kick-off by 8.29pm. I have previously hated only being able to play a 70 or 80 minute game due to kick-offs being delayed for one reason or another. We need to do what WE can to MAXIMISE our PLAYING TIME - it's what we're there for after all!

A couple of other important points I'd like to make are firstly that anyone who overtly criticises a team-mate/tries to "kick-off" with a team-mate will be immediately substituted. There can be no more tolerance of name calling/insults between us as a team whilst we're on the pitch - or off the pitch for that matter! Secondly, as much as I possibly can, I will attempt to get everyone who turns up a run-out on the pitch. I do not want to restrict the number of substitutes who get to play to just 3 people. In my opinion, WE ARE AN INCLUSIVE CLUB, not exclusive. Of course, as an example, it may not be possible to work our way through 8 subs in one game, but I promise to do my best!

I'm 100% positive that Andy T., Neil G. and I can provide a positive and supportive atmosphere for all of us to be able to enjoy playing football and hopefully pick up some victories along the way!

I'm very excited about the year ahead, and I hope you are too!

Keep the faith!

Joe

4 comments:

Coach09 said...

Well said Joe and hopefully everyone will understand your reasons and give full support

Bazza said...

Sounds good Joe, lets hope that everyone continues to play for each other this year as it was brilliant the second half of last year. Looking forward to playing again this year and will behind you and the club 100%

elbows said...

Congratulations Joe. I like your War on lateness - there's going to loads of desperate Accies running through the maze of Sports centre corridors at 8.04 - like an episode of Fort Boyard... or something. Looking forward to another great year's football

Andrew Dade said...

Well said Joe - pleased an appearance by me in the dressing room at before 8pm could bag me a start: not sure how else I break back into the team!

Well said on the other bits too - you have my support in enforcing some of this.

Finally, apologies if you've already thought of this but remember that not everyone reads the blog...