Saturday 16 January 2010

Europe

At the AGM we voted for a trip to Rotterdam  to play Gza's Dutch team. There have been many trips before - some victorious, some...well, catastrophic, but all epic.
I'll try to arrange a spring fixture - anytime from late March to Early May.
What i need you to do THIS WEEK is tell me  whether you  plan to go to Holland - (Yes / no/maybe).  Very importantly, let me know any weekends you can't make. 
As far as cost goes - I think flights are £80ish rtn. Obviously it's cheaper to pile in a car and get the Ferry. Budget accomodation starts at around £20 per night for somewhere clean and  fairly central.*
* Gza is talking to the Dutch lads about potential dates at the moment and will come up with a couple of  suggested fixture dates shortly.  Currently we have 6 players confirmed. I won't be able to acept the Dutch challenge until we have at least 14 confirmed.

6 comments:

Andrew Dade said...

It's a yes from me, Phil! Can't do the weekend of 8th May though.

StuartD said...

It probably makes sense to to Rotterdam in spring (before the end of May?), then Spain in autumn (I believe the AGM was in favour of 2 trips). Get one trip in the bank, bought and paid for, then we can plan the next one! I am 100% up for Rotterdam - both trips, actually - as it stands, the only weekends with anything in the Dade family diary are: 12 Feb (Neill party!), 20 Feb, 13 Mar, 3 Apr (Easter!), 8 May. Will we want to avoid the two May bank holidays or not? It's not a deal breaker for me, would be nice to have the Monday to recover!

elbows said...

Stu's right to point out that the Dutch trip is just 1 of 2 pencilled in for this year. In theory we could go to Spain in spring and Holland in autumn or vice versa- Let me know if you really want to do Spain first. Tickets to Almeria are about £120ish rtn. Can't go wrong really - both trips will be brilliant.

Dave said...

Woo Hoo!! Great news count me in, except for Mar 20th, April 17th and May 1st

Dhani-Perré said...

Im in!!

Anonymous said...

I'm up for it depending the date.