Saturday 20 March 2010

Archive Dolphin

Possibly it's a blessing that Mes's computer  malfunctioned when he tried to load footage of our recent hiccup against Dolphin. I forgot to  get anyone to film this week's game either, so
to fill the gap here's some clips from yesteryear - looks like an excellent 4-2 game v Dolphin from 2006ish.
Watching the footage i felt quite nostalgic about the games against Dolphin in the pre-Community-Payback-Orange-Bib era. 
Check out good reflex saves from Ant and Young Jason, a great solo effort from Tom Kift, a good goal from Gary White and a bicycle kick from Little Stevie Spurdens.  Also watch out for  the best and best dressed ref we've ever had. Ridiculous to think that she refused to ref us any more because Whitey made a very tiny oppo keeper cry.
Probably the only positive thing to come out of the recent Dolphin game was that we won the sartorial battle at a canter - all credit to Stu for that. Dolphin always did look a scruffy shambles but at least in the old days  they didn't look like the UK Under 21 Bin-man XI*.




*The Accies Blog concedes that Dolphin are very good at football.


6 comments:

greg12 said...

gents this Greg and this is my first attempt at a blog post......i would just like to say sorry for my no show on thursday I was held up at work and only had the chance to quickly text elbows as i only had his number due to my son taking my mobile into the bath with him last week...when next selected i assure you i will make it up to the team

StuartD said...

It's a shame if we really have lost all the footage of the 11-1 defeat, because I for one would like to have seen that long-range goal again...
And welcome to the blog Greg!

Anonymous said...

The footage hasn't been lost, my computer has a disc drive problem and I am unable to load the software neccessary to down load the match. Rest assurred I'm on it and soon you'll be able to view nearly all of the 90 minutes (Luis thinks he captured most of the game) on a special Accies video nasty.

I've always thought that dolphin riding sounds very cruel.

bobby said...

http://tinyurl.com/yla9tps

bobby said...

Dolphin Riders

Anonymous said...

I knew it. Maybe that's why they have so many new players as the rest are on remand for interfering with aquatic mammals.