Friday 11 December 2009

Phil Caldwell tribute

Another good game, another good all round team performance and another good result. Especially as we hadn't beaten MHP before.

However special mention goes to Phil C. The first time we played MHP, his work team, Phil had to take his place between the sticks (no Anthony, Dave or Neill R that night and it was before Lee's time), which I'm sure isn't his favourite position. It was a 4-6 defeat (a bitter sweet game for me, 1 goal and 2 assists before going over on my ankle and 3 months out). We have then lost 0-1 and 1-2 before another goal fest this time on White Hart Lane, loosing 4-5 (although that game seems to have been the catalyst for a really good long term run).

Phil told me that tonight's 'keeper ribs him at work the next day (and even in management meetings!) each time MHP have beaten us. So what better way to be able to walk into work tomorrow than after a good game and a lovely side footed finish past the said goalie to set us on our way.

Well played all but especially well played Phil. I hope the goal is etched on a chip somewhere and will soon be playing on a loop over and over again at your work place in front of the cheeky 'keeper strapped to a chair and eye lids clamped back in Clockwork orange stylie.

4 comments:

Andrew Dade said...

Well said Mes! Now, Phil - get the goals uploaded!

elbows said...

Mes - you're very kind - when i read ' Phil Caldwell tribute' i thought i must have died.
Have checked the footage and there's an Accies multi- media first - Joe's fantastic lob was captured from 2 angles on film - truly we are the Sunday league Sky Sports.Will post this evening.

StuartD said...

Part of you died in Luis's lavatory last Friday, Phil. Can't wait to see the goals from last night, although they're on a constant loop in my head anyway, along with my annual Skinning Of The Right Winger (should be a Bank Holiday) and Hooked Clearance To Prevent Goal. Happy days!

Dave said...

Great result fellas! But why do you always win/play exceptionally well when I'm not there!! Stu, I need reminding the last time I was on a winning team. Maybe I should retire! (not bloody likely)