Tuesday 8 December 2009

Comedy quotes...

Ahead of Blackpool V Middlesbrough tonight, a website has listed ten of the funniest quotes from respective managers Ian Holloway and Gordon Strachan. These are the highlights:

Ian Holloway

'Apparently it's my fault that the Titanic sank.'
On criticism from Plymouth Argyle f
ans.


Reporter: Are you enjoying your time in Blackpool, Ian?
Holoway: I love Blackpool. We're very similar. We both look better in the
dark.


'I have such bad luck at the moment that if I fell in a barrel of boobs I'd come out sucking my thumb.'

Gordon Strachan

'If a Frenchman goes on about seagulls, trawlers and sardines, he’s called a philosopher. I’d just be called a short Scottish bum talking crap.'
Gordon Strachan in response to Cantona's famous seagulls quote.

Reporter: This might sound like a daft question, but you'll be happy to get your first win under your belt, won't you?
Strachan: You're right. It is a daft question. I'm not even going to bother answering that one. It is a daft question, you're spot on there.

Reporter: So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?
Strachan: What areas? Mainly that big green one out there.

3 comments:

Andrew Dade said...

"He's six foot something, fit as a flea, good looking - he's got to have something wrong with him. Hopefully he's hung like a hamster - That would make us all feel better. Having said that, me missus has got a pet hamster at home, and his cock's massive." - Holloway on Christiano Ronaldo

Anonymous said...

Opulently I agree but I dream the brief should secure more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

I wish not agree on it. I regard as nice post. Especially the title-deed attracted me to study the whole story.