Friday 24 April 2009

Right bunch of ladyboys...

(Hmmm, actually that headline might quadruple the traffic to this blog, what with all them preverts out there...)

2-1 defeat to MHP, mirroring the 1-0 defeat to them earlier in the year in terms of margin of defeat. We got off to a sluggish start, went 1-0 down to a bit of a silly goal, but rallied well in the first half and Mickael grabbed the equaliser which I think I caught on camera, but given that half the time I thought I was recording, the camera was on standby, and vice versa, who knows?

After Mickael's goal we settled down, grew in confidence and the oppo's confidence shrank. Mickael should have scored again to make it 2-1, and again I'm pretty sure that's on video, too, so you'll be able to see that on the blog soon, if Elbows does his duty. Just as I was on the way over to the other side of the pitch to say as much to the Coach, we conceded another, even sillier goal, which turned out to be the winner. And before half time some of us forgot to act like a team again, but I won't dwell on that because I already had to dwell on it enough tonight, infuriatingly. The people involved know how I feel about it and the Coach was unambiguous when discussing it after the game.

In the second half we played some good football and really should have equalised - Perre apparently got in the way of what almost certainly would have been a Thorny headed goal and we exerted some decent pressure without quite looking like we had the cutting edge to get the goal.

Team: Lee, Elbows, Gobby, Barry, Werewolf (sub: Miami), Spudgun, Thorny, Rushy (sub: Munky), Joe (sub: Ladyboy), Dangermouse, Mickael. Sub not used: Luis
Scorer: Mickael

Then, in the Paxton afterwards, landlord Stuart insisted that he WILL run the Marathon next year, despite me giving him another opt-out. And then, while I was out of the room urinating, the DVD vendor apparently called Simon a ladyboy. I suppose the truth had to come out sooner or later. Up the Accies and, as for Sunday, in case I don't get a chance to blog again before then: BRING IT ON!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lovely DVD lady. I said 'Hello DVD lady' and she responded. Then she commented that my adidas red training top looked good and suited me. I thanked her for the compliment but then she qualified it by saying, 'Yes, like a ladyboy!' Cue much hilarity.

If it's a choice between Shaky and Ladyboy as a nickname, I think I prefer ladyboy although it's not much of a choice.

Anonymous said...

And it certainly wasn't the worst thing I was called that night.