Friday 6 August 2010

Dodgy keeper! Dodgy keeper!

Click here to be transported to the Sporting Brixton blog – the other team of our very own Sam Herbert. Read and enjoy the report on there of the recent seven-goal thriller between the two sides, on a night when myself, Mes and possibly one or more other Accies, I can't rightly remember, played for Brixton who were very short on numbers. Joe's version of events in his own post-match report is of course here. It's interesting comparing the two versions of events.

My favourite line from the match report is the bit describing Effra's third goal: "Our keeper (who was actually an Accies player) sort of went to go left, saw [the] ball go right and then just fell over, leaving the ball to float past him less than an inch away from his falling hand." !!!!! Tragically that's a pretty accurate assessment of what happened - a remarkable shambles from yours truly. Honestly not a deliberate attempt to get the Accies back in the game, although you'd be forgiven for thinking I'd taken a bung!

Sporting Brixton's club ethos and rules also make for interesting reading – they're a league side, which makes their commitment to "fun, team spirit and fairness" all the more admirable…

1 comment:

Sherbertdab said...

Whilst I posted this match report I did not write it. I thought you had an excellent spell in goal Stuart.

I would agree there is a certain bias in the report (both reports) that makes for amusing reading.

Accies can take some pride in inspiring Sporting Brixton's club rules and ethos.