Sunday 27 September 2015

Reflections on Rotterdam

I just wanted to record my wonderment at the events over the past 4 days. I cannot remember ever feeling so genuinely proud and humbled. Everybody who cycled to Rotterdam, then amazingly played on Saturday in that fantastic stadium has my everlasting respect. I felt genuinely humbled to be playing on the same pitch as you.
Raising thousands of pounds, remembering Graham and playing in an exciting, end to end game must rank as one of the greatest achievements by the club and a fitting memorial to all that Graham stood for with the Anglo Dutch Cup. 
The post match beers and the effort the Dutch put in to make us all feel welcomed cannot be forgotten and the fact that we played on a pitch that Ajax had played on the week before.........well words fail me.
I will forever remember this weekend and I'm sure after a few days of reflection and your weary bones have recovered you will all look back on it and think 'did that really happen?' When it has finally sunk in that it did happen and Thursday comes along please remember the camaraderie, the effort and above all the sheer determination to succeed that took place. Well done lads!!!!

No comments: