Friday 11 April 2014

Lost for words....not quite

Accies

I've always tried not to put negative comments on the blog, but after our performance yesterday I think my hand was forced. We haven't plays as bad as a team for long time , maybe I've not seen a performance like that since I've been captain. All over the pitch we just didn't perform and not only that some players looked like they weren't even trying. There where certain players who were obviously trying to get the team going and kickstart a performance but it didn't happen.I really can't put my finger on the reason behind last night , maybe we thought that because they were a scratch team put together by various people that we wouldn't have to run as hard but we certainly got caught with our pants down!!!! I don't want to harp on gents but I feel this has to be addressed. We didn't close down our players like I'd like us too , I like it when we close the oppo from the strikers backwards trying to get the defenders to lose the ball in dangerous areas which didn't happen. We didn't support our fullbacks countless times Stuart was 2 against 1 against 2 decent players and that's where most of there goals came from. I don't remember myself and the other midfielders winning a header and we allowed them to pass the ball around us with no real pressure.Even after all this we had the chances to get back into the game which we didn't take.We appeared to have 2 or 3 players always willing to give advice to other Accies without actually carrying out there own jobs in there positions. Also the communication was non existent there was a time when Dave had the ball in our 6 yard box with no oppo within 15 yards giving him time to clear up the pitch and he had 3 Accies around him and no one told him he had time causing him to do the safe thing and put the ball out for a corner.

That's enough of the negative comments boys from next week I want us to go back to the high pressure high tempo play with the set plays inswinging under the bar which was so successful last season.

Lets get back on track next week boys

No comments: