Thursday 30 July 2009

Knee agonies


Following on from Andrew's update, I can sympathise, and wish him well and a speedy recovery. Hopefully you'll be back soon and fighting for that place.

My update: yesterday at the hospital I had my arthroscopy on my left knee. The surgery was larger / longer than the surgeon first thought would be necessary. My medical notes say:
- Plica excised
- OCD chondroplasty
- Micro fracture
- Partial medial menisectom to stable rim
- Knee washed out
- 0.5% marcain injected

As well as a nice drawing of the knee, and descriptions of tear body MM, extensive horizontal clearage, cartilage damage / delamination 2x3mm full thickness OCD etc

Just done my exercises, and hobbling about on crutches, definitely won't be fit for tonight's game! All the best, be positive and confident, we can win.

Up the Accies. 

1 comment:

StuartD said...

Lordy, when I clicked on the picture it popped up MASSIVE on my screen - scary. Anyway, I'm pleased that you now have a stable rim. Or something.